So, I completely missed the 9th birthday of helenthura.com (formerly “me, my camera and my life”) I thought it was like March 23, nope March 8. As shown by this very apt testing 1, 2, 3 post.
To make up for it, here is a birthday cake. I made it especially for this brain dump of a blog I have.
It’s a Malteser cake and … actually it was for my little brother who had his birthday during the week. This blog, has actually existed his entire adult life, as one of my early posts was for his 18th birthday dinner.
As I went back in to the archives to find the birthday, I came across this post and thought it would be interesting to see what responses would differ between Helen now and Helen 9 years ago.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2005 – 4:30am, well I did start work at 5am.
2014 – 6am
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Pearls, not a big fan of the Diamond (reasons why)
No change here.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
2005 – Million Dollar Baby, I was sobbing.
2014 – The Butler, and I sobbed in that.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
2005 – The OC, probably the only TV that I make an effort to watch each week.
2014 – Crownies is back in the form of Janet King so it would a toss up between Janet King, Newsroom, Nasville or Rake.
5. What did you have for breakfast?
2005 – Corn Flakes
2014 – Avocado plate from Little Pawpaw
6. What is your middle name?
Yep, no change here at all.
7. What is your favourite cuisine?
2005 - Mexican, mmm
2014 – Malaysian for the roti canai which I could eat and eat and eat. I still go mmmm at Mexican though.
8. What foods do you dislike?
mmm anything that is really salty.
Nope, no change here.
9. What kind of car do you drive?
2005 – Subaru Forester 2004 2.5X and Toyota Tarago 1991 (both Silver)
2014 – Well since 2007, I’ve been driving my own car, a Kia Sportage.
10. Favourite sandwich?
2005 – Turkey/Ham with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Carrot on Wattleseed bread
2014 – mmm as long as the bread is good, the sandwich is good.
11. What characteristic do you despise?
People who always try to move guilt on to you or anyone who lies/is rude.
yep, still the same.
12. Favourite item of clothing?
2005 – well I love my funky PJ shorts but my funky brown top is my fav for sure.
2014 – Kinda, wishing I knew what this funky brown top was. Now, it would be this Maiocchi dress.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
gosh, I want to go everywhere but for this let me say Morocco
Still the same answer.
14. What colour is your bathroom?
2005 – Yellow and fuchsia, soon to be white and fuchsia
2014 – yep, so Helen in 2005 read bedroom instead of bathroom. The bathroom is actually white and yellow and has been for quite some years.
15. Favourite brand(s) of clothing?
2005 – Urbane/Just Jeans
2014 – Maiocchi and Veronika Maine
16. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere where I have lots of space.
yep, still the same.
17. Favourite time of the day?
The afternoon, the sun is descending in the sky, the lorikeets are screeching.
The light in the afternoon is something special.
18. What was your most memorable birthday?
2005 – My 19th was a good one, had heaps of fun but most memorable would be my sweet 16th – the day of 911, mentioning of my birth date always causes comments.
2014 – my 24th, I got “foiled” , I got River Fire and I got a Chris Isaaks concert as well.
19. Where were you born?
yep, that ain’t going to change.
20. Favourite sport to watch?
2005 – mmm I quite like to watch AFL or Union but hockey(field) is always going to have a spot in my heart.
2014 – AFL of course.
21. Who do you least expect to send this back to you?
not really relevant is it
mmm what happened to 22?
23. What fabric detergent do you use?
2005 – Drive
2014 - Bosisto’s
24. Pepsi or Coke?
neither, much prefer something like water or Club Lemon
yep, the same.
25. Are you a morning person or night owl?
mmm both? I like to stay up late but I also like to wake up early. mmm
yep, I still fight the urge to go to bed late, wake up early and still get a decent night of sleep.
26 . What is your shoe size?
2005 – 9.5/10
2014 - Still the same
27. Do you have any pets?
nope, I do have a little brother though
Still the same, though the chickens are coming shortly.
28. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with your family and friends?
2005 – Matthew was 18 yesterday but we all know that of course.
2014 – Matthew was 26 a few days ago…
29. What did you want to be when you were little?
It changed every day, the common one was to be Prime Minister
Since I can’t be little again, the answer is the same.
30. What are you meant to be doing today?
2005 – Uni readings and scrapbooking work for the magazine
2014 – CA readings, gardening and some sewing.
31. Favourite Flammable substance?
Yep, Metho is pretty darn special
32. What is your favourite CD right now?
2005 – REM – In Time
2014 - INSX – Kick
and there we are. Helen in 2005 and Helen in 2014.