I don’t know about you but I love making mixtapes (ok cds), picking a theme, choosing the songs, deciding on the order and then designing the case.
This was one I made last week for the birthday of a friend. I had a few different ideas for the mix but then it morphed into this idea of 22 songs that will help you dance better at parties, if you can dance to the 22 different songs listed you will be the life of the party, although you probably are already but that is not the point.
The front cover is made from advertising material and some Making Memories wordfetti stickers. As can be seen from the back cover the entire thing is in a vellum slip case but I can’t show you the front because that would give away the secret of who is receiving it :). The back cover is made from flattened out cocktail umbrellas (I bought a box of 100 a while ago because they are so cool :D). The note on the bottom says that this CD is designed to be played one song at a time. Pick your mood and learn how to dance. 🙂
Song list is as follows
- Repeat it (Eric Prydz vs Retarded Phunk – Callin’)
- Have Some Praise (B(If)teck – We Think You’re Dishy)
- Sing it (Ute Lemper – Don’t Tell Mama)
- Shake it (unknown artist – typcial belly dancing song)
- Grab the Hairbrush (The Beu Sisters – You Make Me Feel Like A Star)
- Swing it (Acker Bilk – White Cliffs of Dover)
- Skank it (Reel Big Fish – Sell Out)
- Croon it (RÃºnar Freyr GÃslason og Selma BjÃ¶rnsdÃ³ttir – SumarnÃ³tt)
- Whip it (Devo – Whip It)
- Articulate it (Luciano Pavarotti – Le Donna E. Mobile)
- Bend it (Panjabi MC – Mudian to Bach Ke)
- Remember it (The Mountain Goats – Dance Music)
- Stamp it (James Last – Hava Nagila)
- Drag Queen (ABBA – Dancing Queen)
- Beat it, Break it (The Herd – I Was Only 19)
- Funk it (Michael Franti and Spearhead – Rock the Nation)
- Trance it (Air – Sexy Boy)
- Line it (Ike and Tina Turner – Nutbush City Limits)
- Get Down (Black Eyed Peas – Dirty Dancing)
- Chill it (Bernard Fanning – Wish You Well)
- Hunt it (Karen Kamon – Manhunt)
- Love it (Beyonce – Crazy in Love)
That is it.
I am feeling so much better today :D, less coughs, less snot and less phlegm. Yeah!