Well I’m most certainly 25 now; I had a lovely weekend, went to Gerties on Saturday night with some friends, had breakfast at Sassafras on Sunday with N and then a browse at the Paddington Antique Centre, where I picked up the most amazing find; a Figgjo Lotte Salt Box/Cellar. I remember when I first saw one of these listed on ebay, I just was awe; the amazing shape, the placement of the designs, the everything. I also remember the price the auction finished, whoa that was some money. The next few times I saw one come up on ebay, the auction finished at similar prices. I can happily say that I picked up mine for a whole lot less.
Isn’t it beautiful? I’m not sure what I will put in it yet but I can assure it won’t be salt.
Yesterday I had a great day. It was a training day at work so no candidates and a chance to have lunch together as a department. I went to the orthodontist and got the news that I’ve been wanting to hear for the last nine months or so, it’s time to go see the prosthodontist, yay! I have an appointment on Oct 5, which will hopefully be an x-ray to confirm root placement and the like and that we can move forward with the implant procedure. Cross your fingers. It’s now week 9 at Uni which is hard to believe, it seems like just yesterday I was looking at my lecture notes for week 1 and thinking it sort of makes sense. I’m really looking forward to next year. When I got home from uni I was presented with the most amazing bunch of red, magenta and orange gerberas from one of my flatmates as belated birthday present. It’s gorgeous, I’ll have to take a photo later.
Now to to the meat of this post. 25 things that I wish to do/complete before I turn 26 next year.
- Be finished with orthodontic work.
- Challenge myself to take more thoughtful photos.
- Ride my bike more.
- Get a will.
- Get better with my practice of one thing in means one thing out for my belongings.
- Spend more time creating.
- Print and frame more photos.
- Bake a rainbow cake.
- Do more study.
- Go to the Drive In – hopefully the Wonga one if it re-opens in the next few months.
- Go media-free for at least 48hrs.
- Make marshmallows and honeycomb.
- Be more regular on my blog (gee, that sounds like an All-Bran ad).
- Grow my investments.
- Reduce the stack of clothes in my mending/alterations stack.
- Make my own tea blend.
- Make strawberry jam.
- Get fresh flowers more often.
- Write and comment more.
- Grow professionally.
- Get my routines started again – planning meals for the week and exercise.
- Read some more classics.
- Finish my granny square blanket.
- Make mulberry crumble or pie from the mulberries in the freezer.
- Turn 26
There it is, some things are small, some things not so, some things are little, something things require effort.
And we’ll end off with two books that I’ve been enjoying immensely at the moment. 50/60/70 : Iconic Australian Houses by Karen McCartney and The Iconic House by Dominic Bradbury.