Well I’m most certainly 25 now; I had a lovely weekend, went to Gerties on Saturday night with some friends, had breakfast at Sassafras on Sunday with N and then a browse at the Paddington Antique Centre, where I picked up the most amazing find; a Figgjo Lotte Salt Box/Cellar. I remember when I first saw one of these listed on ebay, I just was awe; the amazing shape, the placement of the designs, the everything. I also remember the price the auction finished, whoa that was some money. The next few times I saw one come up on ebay, the auction finished at similar prices. I can happily say that I picked up mine for a whole lot less.
Isn’t it beautiful? I’m not sure what I will put in it yet but I can assure it won’t be salt.
Yesterday I had a great day. It was a training day at work so no candidates and a chance to have lunch together as a department. I went to the orthodontist and got the news that I’ve been wanting to hear for the last nine months or so, it’s time to go see the prosthodontist, yay! I have an appointment on Oct 5, which will hopefully be an x-ray to confirm root placement and the like and that we can move forward with the implant procedure. Cross your fingers. It’s now week 9 at Uni which is hard to believe, it seems like just yesterday I was looking at my lecture notes for week 1 and thinking it sort of makes sense. I’m really looking forward to next year. When I got home from uni I was presented with the most amazing bunch of red, magenta and orange gerberas from one of my flatmates as belated birthday present. It’s gorgeous, I’ll have to take a photo later.
Now to to the meat of this post. 25 things that I wish to do/complete before I turn 26 next year.
- Be finished with orthodontic work.
- Challenge myself to take more thoughtful photos.
- Ride my bike more.
- Get a will.
- Get better with my practice of one thing in means one thing out for my belongings.
- Spend more time creating.
- Print and frame more photos.
- Bake a rainbow cake.
- Do more study.
- Go to the Drive In – hopefully the Wonga one if it re-opens in the next few months.
- Go media-free for at least 48hrs.
- Make marshmallows and honeycomb.
- Be more regular on my blog (gee, that sounds like an All-Bran ad).
- Grow my investments.
- Reduce the stack of clothes in my mending/alterations stack.
- Make my own tea blend.
- Make strawberry jam.
- Get fresh flowers more often.
- Write and comment more.
- Grow professionally.
- Get my routines started again – planning meals for the week and exercise.
- Read some more classics.
- Finish my granny square blanket.
- Make mulberry crumble or pie from the mulberries in the freezer.
- Turn 26
There it is, some things are small, some things not so, some things are little, something things require effort.